The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) seeks to protect individuals against interference's with their privacy by regulating the way in which personal information is collected, handled, disclosed, used and stored.
Equally Wed ABN 74 489 618 994 (Equally Wed) understands the importance of, and is committed to, protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information. This statement sets out how Equally Wed aims to protect the privacy of personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information managed by Equally Wed and the way Equally Wed collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information. This statement may be updated from time to time.
1.What information does Equally Wed collect and hold
1.1. Purposes for which Equally Wed Australasia collects Personal information
Equally Wed collects personal information that is necessary to perform its activities, including management of employees, and the provision of services to customers. Personal information collected by Equally Wed may include information about employees and prospective employees of Equally Wed and Equally Wed's contractors and customers and users of Equally Wed's website.
The information that Equally Wed collects will depend upon the particular projects and/or other uses and will be limited to the personal information that is necessary to perform the services. They will be specified for each activity and they may include one or more of the following:
• name • address • email address • phone number • name, date of birth, gender • address, telephone numbers • account and credit card details
1.2. How does Equally Wed collect your personal information
Equally Wed usually collects personal information directly from you. Equally Wed may also collect personal information indirectly from other parties including contractors and customers.
1.3. Anonymity and Pseudonymity
The information is required to identify individuals for business purposes so will be impractical to render personal information anonymous of pseudonymous.
2.Disclosure of personal information
2.1. Disclosure of information by Equally Wed
Depending on the project or other use, Equally Wed may share information with:
• Our customers
• Our subcontractors
Equally Wed will ensure that our customers, partners and subcontractors comply fully with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Equally Wed will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties.
2.2.Overseas disclosure by Equally Wed
The information collected by Equally Wed is currently stored in Sydney Australia.
Equally Wed may send personal information overseas for the following purposes:
• If a customer or required third party has an email address or key system stored overseas then any communications sent to this address will be stored overseas (e.g. Gmail, office 365).
• We have some customers who are based overseas or who have a head office located overseas. In these cases we communicate with these customers regularly via email and phone in the course of supporting them, so relevant communications with the customer may be sent to their overseas systems.
Equally Wed will ensure that all personal information are handled by overseas recipients in accordance with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles
2.3. Marketing communications
Your information will be used for marketing purposes by Equally Wed by sending regular newsletters to clients/customers by email. However, your information will not be used to facilitate marketing by any third parties.
2.4. Security of your information
Equally Wed will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information using technical, organizational, and security measures to reduce the risks from misuse, interference and loss; and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. This includes:
• Business Catalyst has a multitude of security mechanisms in place, such as AAA (Authentication, Authorization, and Access Control), attack detection and annihilation mechanisms, encryption of sensitive data, firewalls, anti-virus, etc.
• Business Catalyst is a PCI Level 1 compliant product. Accordingly, all cardholder data specific mechanisms, environments, policies, procedures, etc. have been audited for security compliance by an accredited 3rd party investigator.
• The Business Catalyst code and environments are regularly tested for security holes both manually and using various 3rd party penetration software. A multitude of security standards (e.g., OWASP) are considered and followed.
3.Access to your information and your rights
You have the right to access your personal data Equally Wed holds about you free of charge, and request us to correct any inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading personal information. Equally Wed must provide you access to your personal information within a reasonable period.
If Equally Wed refuses to correct your personal information you may request it to associate with that information a statement that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading in such a way that will make the statement apparent to users of the information.
Equally Wed may refuse to provide you with access to your personal information if any one of the following applies:
• Equally Wed reasonably believes that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety;
• giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
• The request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
• The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and Equally Wed and it would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings;
• Giving access would reveal the intentions of the Equally Wed in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
• Giving access would be unlawful; denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order;
• Both of the following apply: (i) Equally Wed has reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to the Equally Wed’s functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in and (ii)giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter;
• Giving access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body
• Information generated within Equally Wed in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
If you would like to request access to the personal information, please contact us by email at: info @ equallywed.com.au
You will be asked to provide some proof of identification so that Equally Wed can verify that it is you making the request.
4.Google Advertising Cookies
Google's use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
If you are concerned that Equally Wed Australasia does not comply with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws you may bring a complaint directly through our internal complaints process, by writing to N. Miller Equally Wed PO Box 360 Bathurst NSW 2795 AUSTRALIA
You will receive a response within a reasonable period.
However, should you consider that your complaint has not been dealt with care, you may decide to contact directly the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Australia's first and only gay & lesbian wedding directory.